Obituary: Lourene “Rene” Combs
Services for Lourene "Rene" Combs 87, Tonganoxie, were Friday, Feb. 18, 2005, at Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan. Burial followed in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens.
Mrs. Combs died Feb. 14, 2005, at her home. She was born Feb. 2, 1918, in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of William E. Ellington and Stella (Hodges) Ellington.
She had lived in the Kansas City area most of her life except for some time in the 1980s, when she lived in Lincoln and Adrian, Mo., areas.
She was a Methodist.
Survivors include a son, Bill E. Combs, Independence, Mo.; a daughter, Joyce A. South, Tonganoxie; a brother, Kenneth Ellington, Chatham, Ill.; three sisters, Dorothy Bailey, Elephant Butte, N.M., Gertrude Smith, Adrian, Mo., and Joanna Sivils, Sun City, Calif.; seven grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-granddaughters.
Her husband, Jimmie P. Combs, died in 1987; and a son, Jimmie Paul Combs Jr., died in 1940, and another son, Bob Combs, died in 2004.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Kansas City Hospice, sent in care of Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, 701 North 94th St., Kansas City, Kan. 66112.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council holds off on excise tax decision for church
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Tonganoxie celebrates new Good Shepherd building
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures