Sunflower Broadband to air annual parade
If you can't make it to this year's St. Patrick's Day -- and even if you can -- you can catch the action on Sunflower Broadband channel 6.
The television station is planning to air replays of the parade four times.
This year's annual St. Patrick's Day parade is scheduled two days after the Irish holiday. It's set for 10 a.m. March 19 in downtown Tonganoxie.
Sunflower Broadband will not broadcast the parade live, but the parade will be aired at:
- 1 p.m. March 19.
- 7:30 p.m. March 20.
- 10:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. March 21.
At this year's festivities, as in years past, the event will include a corned beef and cabbage dinner, along with a book sale and a biscuits and gravy breakfast. Here's the schedule for those events, all on March 19:
- Girl Scout Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., Old Ratliff Drug Store, Fourth and Bury.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Community Room, Tonganoxie Public Library, Third and Bury. The sale also will be available from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 18 for members of the Friends group. To join Friends of the Library, call or visit the library.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Congregational Church, Fourth and Shawnee, sponsored by P.E.O. Chapter AT Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development Class to celebrate 25 years
- Tonganoxie High girls can't get past Piper in substate title game
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- All about the green