Wiscombe spoils Starcher’s championship run
Ross Starcher couldn't avenge three of his losses this season at the state wrestling tournament Saturday in Wichita.
Santa Fe Trail's Justin Wiscombe went a perfect 4-0 against this season against Starcher, the biggest one coming Saturday in the Class 4A 171-pound state finals.
Starcher fell, 8-3, and had to settle for second place.
Although the senior placed second, he did become the highest-placing wrestler in Tonganoxie High history.
Starcher finished his season at 38-5.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Kansas man driving combine leads law enforcement on chase