First Teen Cafe proves popular
If you offer it, apparently they will come.
That's what Tonganoxie librarian Sharon Moreland discovered Saturday night, as 26 youths attended the first Teen Cafe at the library.
"We were really, really happy with the turnout," said Moreland, director of Tonganoxie Public Library. "We had all ages."
And she and Paula Bollinger, who is assistant director for the Tonganoxie Recreation Commission, already are planning next month's happenings at the Tonganoxie Teen Cafe.
"Next time, we're going to have game night," Moreland said.
The two women decided to sponsor a teen cafe, in response to the often-stated need for something for local young people to do at night.
The monthly cafe is open to youths ages 12 to 18. And the next Teen Cafe is slated for 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Feb. 12.
"We'll have free drinks, and snacks will be for sale," Moreland said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High girls track takes 3rd, boys 4th at KVL meet
- New children's book about Jayhawks to be featured next week at Tonganoxie Public Library
- Pilot killed in Wichita crash ID'd as former Cessna engineer
- Almost a perfect 10 for Tonganoxie High track alum
- Tonganoxie HIgh girls relays place with new school marks