Obituary: Lawrence N. Botkin
Services for Lawrence N. Botkin, 83, Tonganoxie were Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2005, at Holy Angels Catholic Church in Basehor. Burial was in Holy Angels Cemetery.
Mr. Botkin died Thursday, Jan. 6, 2005, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. He was born Feb. 6, 1921, in Rushville, Mo.
He was a lifelong resident of this area. He was a metal finisher at the General Motors Fairfax plant who retired in 1987. He was a member of Holy Angels Catholic Church, the United Auto Workers Union, local 31, and the American Legion Post 225 of Ozawkie.
Mr. Botkin was a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife, Margaret, of the home; a daughter, Patricia Young, Tonganoxie; four grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-granddaughter. A son, Gerald D. Botkin, died in 2001.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the church building fund or to the American Legion. Highland Park Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan., handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial logo unveiled; community band expected to make return
- Bonner boutique combines shopping with day at the salon
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Tonganoxie mayor checking on potential conflict of interest with Tyson
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business