Obituary: Lawrence N. Botkin
Services for Lawrence N. Botkin, 83, Tonganoxie were Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2005, at Holy Angels Catholic Church in Basehor. Burial was in Holy Angels Cemetery.
Mr. Botkin died Thursday, Jan. 6, 2005, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. He was born Feb. 6, 1921, in Rushville, Mo.
He was a lifelong resident of this area. He was a metal finisher at the General Motors Fairfax plant who retired in 1987. He was a member of Holy Angels Catholic Church, the United Auto Workers Union, local 31, and the American Legion Post 225 of Ozawkie.
Mr. Botkin was a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife, Margaret, of the home; a daughter, Patricia Young, Tonganoxie; four grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-granddaughter. A son, Gerald D. Botkin, died in 2001.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the church building fund or to the American Legion. Highland Park Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan., handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie deputy fire chief John Callaghan
- Kansas regulators disagree on increasing KCP&L's rates
- Ex-U.S. representative seeks to expand lobbying firm in Kansas