Ice and snow blanket area
A Jan. 4-5 ice storm, which was followed by snow, resulted in the closing of schools on Jan. 5 and 6. And, on Jan. 4, classes at Tonganoxie dismissed early because of the weather. By Sunday, the ice melted, but until then, the ice transformed the area into a winter wonderland.
More like this story
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it