Third school board incumbent files for re-election
Kay Smith, a member of the Tonganoxie school board, has filed for re-election.
Currently, all three school board members whose seats are up for election in the April 5 general election have filed for office. They face no opposition yet.
The filing deadline for the school board and the Tonganoxie City Council is noon Tuesday.
Four candidates have filed for three open seats on the city council -- Bob Nickle, Cecil Vinyard, Jason Ward and Jim Truesdell. No incumbents has filed, and the three incumbents have indicated they do not plan to seek re-election.
To force a primary election, seven candidates must file for the council and three candidates for each of the school board seats. If necessary, a primary will be held March 1.
Look for profiles of candidates and more election news in the Jan. 26 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy