Bingo, dinner set for Saturday
Tears come to Connie Putthoff's eyes when she talks about how generous the Tonganoxie community has been.
Putthoff, along with her husband, Harold Putthoff, and Eleanor and Mike Vestal, have organized a Bingo fund-raiser for the John Putthoff family.
A taco salad supper sponsored by the VFW auxiliary will begin at 6 p.m. Saturday in the administration building at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds.
The Bingo games will begin at 7 p.m.
Those who play Bingo will be able to purchase a card for $10, which they can play all night. Special cards for games that use single-use cards may be purchased for $1.
John is Putthoff's nephew who on June 8 underwent a liver transplant.
Though the family has health insurance, some of their medical expenses are not covered by insurance.
Connie Putthoff said numerous items have been donated for the event. And, Putthoff said, more than $1,000 in cash donations have been sent.
"This town is fabulous," Putthoff said.
More like this story
- Holding court at Tonganoxie Invitational
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital 5K Run/Walk Tonganoxie race Saturday
- Tonganoxie High cross country boys take 2nd, girls 3rd at final Kaw Valley League meet
- Tonganoxie High cross country boys nab 2nd, girls 3rd at final KVL meet
- Tourney time in Tonganoxie and McLouth