Charges pending following search
Charges are pending in regard to a June 28 search warrant served at a house on Smiley Road, said Tonganoxie police Chief Ken Carpenter.
According to Carpenter, Tonganoxie police officers on June 27 received information that led to the execution of a search warrant for guns and drugs. The search, which began about 1:30 a.m., lasted about an hour, Carpenter said.
Carpenter said the search yielded what appeared to be a semi-automatic rifle and a handgun. And, Carpenter said, officers did find what appeared to be drug paraphernalia and drug residue.
The Leavenworth County sheriff's office assisted with the search, in which a canine was brought in to aid in the search for drugs, Carpenter said.
More like this story
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Kansas man sentenced for 17th drunken driving conviction
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Bishop Finn Resigns
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest