Charges pending following search
Charges are pending in regard to a June 28 search warrant served at a house on Smiley Road, said Tonganoxie police Chief Ken Carpenter.
According to Carpenter, Tonganoxie police officers on June 27 received information that led to the execution of a search warrant for guns and drugs. The search, which began about 1:30 a.m., lasted about an hour, Carpenter said.
Carpenter said the search yielded what appeared to be a semi-automatic rifle and a handgun. And, Carpenter said, officers did find what appeared to be drug paraphernalia and drug residue.
The Leavenworth County sheriff's office assisted with the search, in which a canine was brought in to aid in the search for drugs, Carpenter said.
More like this story
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case
- Man pleads guilty in death of Kansas State Fair worker slain over haircut visit
- Former Kansas man pleads guilty in unlawful-voting case
- Tonganoxie superintendent pleads not guilty to alleged failure to report sex abuse at former school
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.