Obituary: Alta P. Wright
Graveside services for Alta P. Wright, 77, Lawrence, were Tuesday, July 19, 2005, at Oak Hill Cemetery, Lawrence.
Mrs. Wright died Friday, July 15, 2005, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was born May 31, 1928, in Scribner, Neb., the daughter of Maurice and Addie Brown Black.
She worked with her husband in their business, Wright's Landscaping, for many years. She was also a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary.
She married Eugene L. Wright on March 24, 1949, in Ottawa. He died July 18, 1989.
Survivors include three brothers, Maurice Black Jr., Tonganoxie, Wayne Black, Sedalia, Mo., and Dale Black, Olathe; and two sisters, Opal Kerns and Doris Gilliland, both of Tonganoxie.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Lawrence Humane Society, Cottonwood Inc. or Tonganoxie Historical Society, sent in care of Warren-McElwain Mortuary, 120 W. 13th St., Lawrence 66044-3402.
Online condolences may be sent to email@example.com, subject: Wright.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers