Obituary: Elizabeth Lee
Services for Elizabeth Grace Lee, 94, formerly of Marion, were Friday, July 15, 2005, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial was in the Marion Cemetery.
Mrs. Lee died Tuesday, July 12, 2005, at the Tonganoxie Nursing Center. She was born May 20, 1911, the daughter of Emil and Ida (Hartig) Lallier, in Leavenworth County.
She was a graduate of Piper High School and attended college in Emporia and at St. Mary's College, Leavenworth. She taught school in Wyandotte County for 12 years and worked with the defense industry during World War II. Mrs. Lee enjoyed both fishing and hunting. She was preceded in death by her husband, Fred Lee, two brothers and six sisters. Many nieces and nephews survive.
Memorial contributions are suggested to Tonganoxie Public Library, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Connie Torneden
- Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial logo unveiled; community band expected to make return
- Kansas Aviation Museum seeking new director
- Face to Face: New Tonganoxie Public Libary board member Loralee Stevens
- Simons family selling Tonganoxie Mirror to Ogden Newspapers, Inc.