Barbecue contest heating up this weekend in McLouth
Come hungry, and bring your children. Everyone's invited to attend the 14th annual McLouth BBQ Blowout this weekend.
The event will be from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at McLouth's Prairie Park, which is adjacent to the high school football stadium. There is no admission charge to enter the park.
Events include a carnival, live radio broadcast, a motorcycle show, a flying exhibit of model airplanes and a visit with the T-Bones' mascot, Sizzler. There's also a pie baking contest, a pedal tractor pull, a magic show and a dunk tank.
Other events include Sprint car simulators, demonstrations by firefighters and emergency medical technicians, and a noon Lifestar helicopter landing.
And there will be plenty of food, including a country breakfast served by McLouth 4-H members and various other food booths.
The highlight of the day on Saturday, the barbecue competition, includes samples of barbecue and a tasters' choice competition.
As usual, there will be plenty of activity throughout McLouth this weekend, because a citywide garage sale is planned, as well.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place