Obituary: Mary Alice Kimberlin
Services for Mary Alice Kimberlin, 85, McLouth, were Saturday, May 28, 2005, at McLouth United Methodist Church. Burial was in McLouth Cemetery.
Mrs. Kimberlin died May 24, 2005, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was born July 6, 1919, in rural Tonganoxie, the daughter of Alva Eugene and Leona Bendena Kramer Babcock. She was a lifelong resident of the McLouth and Tonganoxie area.
Mrs. Kimberlin was a homemaker and had worked in the cafeteria for McLouth schools. She attended McLouth United Methodist Church.
She married Hubert A. Kimberlin on March 4, 1937, in Lawrence. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include four sons, Russell Kimberlin, Tonganoxie, LeRoy Kimberlin, Montrose, Colo., John Kimberlin, Austin, Colo., and Ronald Kimberlin, Bellbuckle, Tenn.; a daughter, Juanita Herries, McLouth; a brother, Donald Babcock, Kansas City, Kan.; two sisters, Doris Oelschlaeger, Eudora, and Charlotte Surface, Raytown, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and a friend raised by the Kimberlins, John MacPherson, Denver.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the church's building fund, sent in care of Barnett Funeral Home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Jason Ward
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Tonganoxie School Board special meeting Thursday to cover potential LOB increase, freshman athletics