Youth rescued from Tonganoxie Creek
Tonganoxie firefighters rescued a youth Wednesday afternoon just south of VFW Park.
Tonganoxie teenager Brian Eveland, who reportedly was trying to ride his bike across a low-water bridge, fell into Tonganoxie Creek about 1:15 p.m. A Tonganoxie Fire Department offical heard the boy calling for help from the firehouse, which is located just southwest of the creek.
Eveland, who walked away from the scene, was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
For more information about the rescue, look at the June 8 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits