Youth rescued from Tonganoxie Creek
Tonganoxie firefighters rescued a youth Wednesday afternoon just south of VFW Park.
Tonganoxie teenager Brian Eveland, who reportedly was trying to ride his bike across a low-water bridge, fell into Tonganoxie Creek about 1:15 p.m. A Tonganoxie Fire Department offical heard the boy calling for help from the firehouse, which is located just southwest of the creek.
Eveland, who walked away from the scene, was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
For more information about the rescue, look at the June 8 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas City, Kansas, activist challenges charges
- Tonganoxie and McLouth residents among Emporia State University scholarship award winners
- Catholic foundation raises $500K for students
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college