Obituary: Lohman Helton
No memorial services are planned for Lohman Helton, 81, Jarbalo. He was cremated.
Mr. Helton died Saturday, June 4, 2005, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center in Tonganoxie. He was born Sept. 4, 1923, in Ulman, Mo., the son of Guy and Grace Helton.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II as a gunner assigned to a Navy ship. He worked for Swift and Company and Wilson and Company for many years as a hog buyer. He later worked for TWA.
He was preceded in death by his second wife, Esta Helton, and a son, Ronald Helton.
Survivors include three sons, Gary Helton, Stanley, Charles Helton, Jarbalo, and David Helton, Jarbalo; a daughter, Linda Billings, Kansas City, Kan.; two brothers, Paul Helton, Algonac, Mich., and Larry Helton, Ulman, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He is also survived by his first wife, Mary Maupin, Independence, Mo.
More like this story
- Kansas cropland values down this year amid low grain prices
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Tonganoxie City Council votes to purchase church for $275,000
- Kansas governor signs bill clarifying new property tax law