Homicide suspect found in Tonganoxie
A suspect in a Kansas City, Kan., homicide case was taken into custody about 3:15 p.m. Wednesday after Tonganoxie police and other agencies arrived at a house in the 1000 block of Church Street in Tonganoxie about 2:45 p.m.
Tonganoxie Police Chief Ken Carpenter said Kansas City, Kan., police contacted him regarding the suspect, whom Carpenter thought was about 18 years old.
The homicide occurred Monday on Leavenworth Road.
The suspect, Carpenter said, was not from Tonganoxie, but was at the home of a relative when authorities surrounded the residence.
Officers detained the man at the Tonganoxie police department. He then was taken by Kansas City, Kan., authorities to their department.
FBI task force personnel, along with Kansas Highway Patrol and Leavenworth County sheriff's officers assisted with the situation.
More like this story
- Kansas regulators disagree on increasing KCP&L's rates
- Topeka councilman, wife, charged with abusing children
- KCC workers opt to leave civil service for pay raises
- Longtime Leavenworth County employee seeks commission seat in crowded Third District primary race
- Kansas lawmaker seeks end of privatized foster care system