Good Shepard Thrift shop curtails donations - for now
The Good Shepherd Thrift Shop is overflowing.
So volunteers are asking that area residents refrain from leaving donations at the shop, Fourth and Shawnee streets.
"We're overrun," said Jean Pearson, one of the shop's day managers. "If it shuts off, we can get caught up in the next couple of weeks, and we'll be ready again."
Pearson said this is an occasion problem for the thrift shop, particularly at the height of garage sale season.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board discusses traffic issues at new school
- Tonganoxie Middle School cross country opens season
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Tonganoxie high school, middle school students honored with pizza party for winning VFW essays
- Tonganoxie USD 464 superintendent's contract extended through 2017