Good Shepard Thrift shop curtails donations - for now
The Good Shepherd Thrift Shop is overflowing.
So volunteers are asking that area residents refrain from leaving donations at the shop, Fourth and Shawnee streets.
"We're overrun," said Jean Pearson, one of the shop's day managers. "If it shuts off, we can get caught up in the next couple of weeks, and we'll be ready again."
Pearson said this is an occasion problem for the thrift shop, particularly at the height of garage sale season.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board