Obituary: Eunice L. Schenck
Services for Eunice L. Schenck, 92, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. today, June 29, 2005, at Oakland Christian Church in Topeka. Burial will follow in Maple Grove Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Schenck died Sunday, June 26, 2005, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. She was born Nov. 12, 1912, in Tonganoxie, the daughter of Charles Ray and Blanche L. Stringfellow Ridgeway.
She graduated from Tonganoxie High School and received a teaching certificate. Mrs. Schenck taught in rural Leavenworth County. She was a secretary for the state office of the Disciples of Christ Women's Fellowship and was a historian for the Kansas State Historical Society for many years.
She was a member of Oakland Christian Church, where she taught Sunday school for more than 30 years.
She married Robert R. Schenck on June 2, 1940, in Leavenworth. He died in 1965.
A daughter, Nancy Schenck, died in 2003.
The family, which will receive friends from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. today at the church, suggests memorial contributions to the church, 1001 N.E. Michigan St., Topeka 66616.
Online condolences may be left at www.PenwellGabel.com.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to determine rezoning fate
- Tonganoxie City Council puts hold on rezoning vote
- Letter to editor: Tonganoxie residents should voice RV resort questions, concerns at meeting
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie Public Library officials talk building future with City Council