Outlaws clinch tourney crown
The KHC Outlaws earned their first tournament title last weekend at the Last Blast Tournament at the Cottonwood Baseball Complex in Lenexa.
The Outlaws, sponsored by Kansas Heavy Equipment Co., compete in the 11-year-old AA division of United States Specialty Sports Association baseball.
Playing at Basehor's Field of Dreams on June 17-19, the Outlaws placed second in this year's Father's Day Classic.
Coach Charles Yates said the team, which was created last year, has played in local tournaments since April. The squad improved to 11-5 after winning the Last Blast tourney.
The team, which consists of Tonganoxie area youths, has one more tournament this summer -- the USSSA state tournament this weekend at the 3-and-2 Complex off Kansas Highway 7 in Lenexa.
More like this story
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Graduations Saturday at THS, McLouth
- Tech education incentives cut for Kansas school districts
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report