Tonganoxie girls, at 18-2, enter Basehor substate as top seed
Make it 16 and counting.
The Tonganoxie High girls basketball team closed out its regular season Friday with a 61-33 win against Basehor-Linwood in Basehor -- the site of this week's Class 4A substate.
Tonganoxie held a 14-10 lead after the first quarter, then extended it to 11 at the half with a 25-14 lead. THS increased its margin in the final two quarters and improved to 18-2 overall and a perfect 13-0 in the Kaw Valley League.
Addie Heim continued her late-season tear with a 21-point effort. Elizabeth Baska also was in double-figures with 12, while Ali Pistora added 10.
Tonganoxie, ranked No. 4 in the state's final coaches' poll, is the top seed in the Basehor substate.
The Chieftains played Tuesday against Piper in Tonganoxie. With a victory, Tonganoxie would advance to Friday's semifinal game against the winner of quarterfinal game between Bishop-Ward and Basehor-Linwood. Ward entered substate with a 13-7 record, while Basehor-Linwood was 10-10.
- For more about Tonganoxie's substate, check The Mirror's Web site at www.tonganoxiemirror.com for updates.
Tonganoxie 61, Basehor-Linwood 33
Tonganoxie 14 11 18 18 -- 61
Basehor-Linwood 10 4 13 6 -- 33
Tonganoxie -- Pistora 10, Baska 12, Heim 21, Weller 2, Bogard 4, Bogard 2, Jeannin 2, Deaver 8.
Basehor-Linwood -- Patterson 4, Fawalich 2, Sanders 3, Lombardio 12, Shore 2, Carlin 5, Jeannin 5.
More like this story
- Judge OKs Tonganoxie superintendent’s return to campus during court proceedings
- Tech education incentives cut for Kansas school districts
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Topeka firm for City Hall, police station work
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Mayor Ward's appointments