Aunt Norie’s Sewing Room
Mary Lou Shindley shares a unique and handy gift idea with us.
We often buy or get matching kitchen towel and potholders sets in bright and cheerful colors. Sometimes we accumulate too many potholders this way. Mary Lou's friend attached the potholder to the towel in a different and clever ways. She gathered the towel across its center then attached the potholder diagonally -- from corner to corner across the towel. Use the potholder's hanging loop as a button hole for the button that you will add to the opposite corner of the potholder.
Then simply button through and over the refrigerator door handle or a drawer pull. This keeps a towel at easy reach.
Mary Lou really enjoys hers because they're so handy and they're a nice colorful accent to her cheery little kitchen.
To all of her neighbors, Mary Lou is one of "Gods angels among us." Being home-bound herself, we never hear her complain. She enjoys her telephone, calling her friends and neighbors with friendly messages, such as, "The mail has come dear" to those of us out of sight of the mailboxes in our friendly little village. Thanks again, Mary Lou.
Already some feedback on a recent article on the November 2004 Readers Digest article, "A is for Average." Our kids need all of the encouragement they can get and have so rightly earned.
Love and prayers for all.
-- Aunt Norie, P.O. Box 265, Tonganoxie 66086; firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Emporia State names Vietti as interim president
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- O'Brien: Broken funding formula and necessary corrections
- Brownback budget plan targets bioscience fund, corrections, highway patrol
- Former Tonganoxie superintendent resigns from same post in Lawrence, plans to take other position in that district, pending board approval