Obituary: Donald Richard Vassar Sr.
Services for Donald Vassar Sr., 63, were Thursday, March 3, 2005, in the Craig-Hurtt-Bradley Chapel, Mountain Grove, Mo., with the Rev. Guy Johnston officiating. Burial was in Hillcrest Cemetery.
Mr. Vassar died Feb. 25, 2005, at Skaggs Community Hospital, Branson, Mo., after a long illness. He was born on June 27, 1941, in Mountain Grove, Mo., the son of Kenneth H. and Lela V. (Sanders) Vassar.
Survivors include his wife of 43 years, Delores Vassar of the home; a son, Donald Vassar Jr., Springfield, Mo.; three daughters, Annette Dalton, Taneyville, Mo., Pamela Dapprich, Branson, Mo., and Kerry Morrow, Walnut Shade, Mo.; two brothers, Robert Vassar, Garden City, Mo., and Russell Vassar, Tonganoxie; two sisters, Twila J. Frank, Kansas City, Kan., and Theda Stoner, Tonganoxie; and 10 grandchildren.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Wichita to award varsity letters to special needs students
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- KSU students to go on the road to care for shelter animals