Obituary: Fred J. Papenhausen
Services for former Tonganoxie resident Fred J. Papenhausen Jr., 60, will be Thursday, March 10, 2005, at Smith Mortuary, 7031 S. Broadway St., Haysville, with burial in Greenwood Cemetery, Oatville.
Mr. Papenhausen died Sunday, March 6, 2005, at St. Francis Medical Center in Wichita. He was born on July 3, 1944, in Tonganoxie, the son of Fred J. Sr. and Mildred (Six) Papenhausen.
Mr. Papenhausen served in the U.S. Navy in Vietnam and later retired from Boeing Aircraft. He married Mary Suzanne Lingenfelter on June 12, 1978, in Oskaloosa. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Fred III, a daughter, Susie (Rich) Nighwonger, Wichita, two brothers, Jim Lay and Henry Papenhausen of California, a sister, Pam Cunningham, Arizona, and two grandchildren. Two children, Cindy and Tommy, died earlier.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice, 313 S. Market, Wichita 67202.
More like this story
- Desert Storm veterans to be honored Friday at Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade
- This year's Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade to salute Vitenam veterans
- Painting the town red, white and blue
- Plans for Tonganoxie's Army Reserve center move forward
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant