Obituary: Thomas J. Robb
A memorial service for Thomas J. Robb, 86, Tonganoxie, will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 19, 2005, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Cremation is planned.
Mr. Robb died Tuesday, March 15, 2005, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. He was born January 7, 1919, near Tonganoxie, the son of Robert G. and Clara (Leighty) Robb.
He was a World War II Marine Corps veteran, a member of the First Congregational Church, Tonganoxie, a life member of the Tonganoxie Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9271, a former member of the Tonganoxie City Council and fire department.
He retired in 1983 as a supervisor for Kansas Power and Light Energy Center, Lawrence, and had been an assistant funeral director with Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, for 40 years.
On June 8, 1947, he married Mary Rose Davidson in Eudora. She survives, of the home. Other survivors include a daughter, Sharon Wang, Lawrence; and two granddaughters.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the church, to the VFW post or to Tonganoxie Public Library.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises