Ditty to play nearby at MNU
Familiar faces and close proximity drew Zach Ditty to Mid America Nazarene.
Ditty recently signed a national letter of intent to play football at the Olathe university. The THS senior also drew interest from Bethel College in Newton and Kansas Wesleyan in Salina. Coffeyville and Highland community colleges also called Ditty.
When it came time to sign, Ditty wanted to play close to home.
"It's a lot closer to home," Ditty said.
And, Tony and Andrew Miller, along with Adam Alexander, all former THS football players, are currently on the Pioneers' roster.
Mid America Nazarene went 10-3 last season and made another NAIA playoff appearance.
The Pioneers have registered 50 victories during the last five years.
"They're good," Ditty said. "Everything about it is great."
Last fall, Ditty was a running back and defensive back as a senior for the Tonganoxie football team. THS went 9-2 and was a district champion for the first time since 1995.
More like this story
- Jarbalo Jottings, Linwood News and McLouth Happenings
- Zika virus confirmed in Kansas, officials say; now more than 200 cases nationwide
- Tonganoxie residents gear up for fireworks; area communities offering displays
- While Kansas sees fewer earthquakes, more than ever rattle Oklahoma
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities