Obituary: T.J. Tobin
Services for T.J. Tobin, 79, Overland Park, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 24, 2005, at St. Regis Catholic Church. Burial will be in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Tobin, died Monday, March 21, 2005, at the University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kan. He was born March 8, 1926, in Burlington Junction, Mo. He was a U.S. Army veteran and had retired from AT&T. He was past president of the Holy Family Social Club.
His wife, Dolores (Toots) Tobin, died in 1994.
Survivors include three sons, James Michael Tobin, Tom Tobin and Pete Tobin; eight daughters, Julie Bartlett, Debbie Peterson, Patricia J. Jackson, Beverly Stone, Mary Bemis, Christine Kalcie, Cindy Stahura and Suzi Tobin-Mackey; a sister, Sister Bettina Tobin; 28 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Alzheimer's Ward at Garden Terrace of Overland Park.
Friends may call from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Park Lawn Chapel where a rosary will be said at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation