Obituary: T.J. Tobin
Services for T.J. Tobin, 79, Overland Park, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 24, 2005, at St. Regis Catholic Church. Burial will be in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Tobin, died Monday, March 21, 2005, at the University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kan. He was born March 8, 1926, in Burlington Junction, Mo. He was a U.S. Army veteran and had retired from AT&T. He was past president of the Holy Family Social Club.
His wife, Dolores (Toots) Tobin, died in 1994.
Survivors include three sons, James Michael Tobin, Tom Tobin and Pete Tobin; eight daughters, Julie Bartlett, Debbie Peterson, Patricia J. Jackson, Beverly Stone, Mary Bemis, Christine Kalcie, Cindy Stahura and Suzi Tobin-Mackey; a sister, Sister Bettina Tobin; 28 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Alzheimer's Ward at Garden Terrace of Overland Park.
Friends may call from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Park Lawn Chapel where a rosary will be said at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- Kansas House, Senate panels approve judicial budget bill
- Battle lines being drawn over Kansas school district 'realignment' bill
- New proposal would cut Kansas school districts by half
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board discusses traffic issues at new school