Basehor man hurt in accident
As of Tuesday afternoon, the University of Kansas Hospital had no condition report on a Basehor man who was transported their after being injured about 1 p.m. Monday on Kansas Avenue near Interstate-70.
Bertrum Mitchell, 77, was injured Monday when he lost control of his 1999 Harley-Davidson and hit a guard rail while driving east on Kansas Avenue. Mitchell was taken by air ambulance to the Kansas City, Kan., hospital.
Leonard Ayres of the Leavenworth County sheriff's office said Mitchell sustained head injuries during the crash.
Bonner Springs police, the Kansas Highway Patrol and the Fairmount Township Fire Department.
More like this story
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Tonganoxie baseball setting sights on return trip to state
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher