Obituary: Opal L. Lambert
Graveside services for Opal L. Lambert, 87, Fredonia, were held Friday, March 25, 2005, at Weakley Cemetery with the Rev. Dave Cheshier officiating.
Mrs. Lambert died March 22, 2005, at Fredonia Regional Hospital. She was born on Oct. 16, 1917, in Fall River, Kan., the daughter of Benjamin and Dollie (Skillings) Noakes.
On April 25, 1936, she married Fred L. Lambert. He died on Sept. 11, 1996.
Mrs. Lambert was a member of the First Christian Church, Fredonia, and Helpful Neighbors and Grange. She was a homemaker.
Survivors include a son, Jimmie Lambert, Tonganoxie; a daughter, Terri Floyd, Fredonia; 12 grandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren. A son, Bobbie, died in June 2004.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Ministerial Crisis Fund, sent in care of Timmons Funeral Home, P.O. Box 168, Fredonia, 66736.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Kansas Senate approves plan to control mental health drugs
- Kansas Senate panel's budget debate part of crowded agenda
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes