Obituary: Daryl Eugene Parker Sr.
Memorial services for Daryl Eugene Parker Sr., 50, Tonganoxie, will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, May 5, 2005, at Victory Baptist Church, Tonganoxie. Private inurnment will be in the National Cemetery in Leavenworth.
Mr. Parker died Sunday, May 1, 2005, at his home. He was born Sept. 5, 1954, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of Francis Eugene and Paralee Leeann (Keeton) Parker.
He was a member of Victory Baptist Church, Tonganoxie, and had served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam era. He was a truck driver for Shawnee Rock Co., Shawnee, and was a part-time police officer and firefighter for the city of Tonganoxie.
On April 19, 1974, he married Joyce Gochenour in Kansas City, Kan. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Daryl E. Parker Jr., Topeka; a daughter, Deanne Morey, Tonganoxie; four sisters, Luella Davis, DeSoto, and Karen Summers, Linda McDonnell and Diana Jones, all of Kansas City, Kan.; a brother Kevin Parker, Kansas City, Mo.; and seven grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Daryl E. Parker Sr. memorial fund, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Kansas attorney general appoints new civil litigation chief
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status
- Tonganoxie Recreation Commission, Free State Fitness teaming up for community fitness program
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Melissa Collier Gepford