Smith leads golfers at Atchison invite
Chris Smith put together his best performance of the season last week at the Atchison Invitational, taking 11th overall with an 89 as Tonganoxie finished seventh with a score of 372. Atchison won the golf tournament with a 345, while Basehor-Linwood was second (351), Maur Hill third (363) and Lansing fourth (364).
For the first time this season, Cody Sims was not Tonganoxie's top golfer. Teammate Adam Reetz shot a 91, while Sims finished with a 93. Garrett Kelly ended the day with a 99, while Zack Pistora (103) and Drew Scates (111) also competed.
Tonganoxie will continue the season Thursday at the Perry Invitational. On Monday, the junior varsity will compete at Ottawa, while the varsity will compete at the Kaw Valley League meet Monday at Painted Hills Golf Course in Kansas City, Kan.
1. Atchison, 345; 2. Basehor-Linwood, 351; 3. Maur Hill, 363; 4. Lansing, 364; 5. Immaculata, 368; 6. Royal Valley, 370; 7. Tonganoxie, 372; 8. Bishop Ward, 378; Kansas City Christian, 393; 9. Bonner Springs, 395; 10. Atchison junior varsity, 411; 11. KC-Washington, 485.
Individual THS results
Chris Smith 89
Adam Reetz 91
Cody Sims 93
Garrett Kelly 99
Zack Pistora 103
Drew Scates 111
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings
- WireCo to move headquarters across border to Kansas
- Tonganoxie City Council OKs proposed 2016 budget
- Large, $4.7M bulk solids research plant opens in Salina