Mitchell signs on with MNU
It turns out Sam Mitchell and Zach Ditty likely didn't play their last football game together last fall against Hayden in the Class 4A state football playoffs.
Mitchell signed a national letter of intent last week to play football at Mid America Nazarene in Olathe. Ditty signed with the school earlier this year.
"They showed me the most interest and they gave me a really good scholarship for football and track," Mitchell said.
Although other former Chieftains such as Ditty and Adam Alexander and Andrew Miller strictly play football at MNU, Mitchell is eager for the opportunity to play football and run track.
Mitchell also looked at Bethel College in Newton, along with Ottawa University and Highland Community College.
While at Tonganoxie, Mitchell was honorable mention all-league and all-area Lawrence Journal-World. Mitchell played at running back and defensive back while with the Chieftains. At MNU, he likely will be a defensive back.
MNU went 10-3 in football last year, losing in the NAIA playoffs to Georgetown (Ky.)
As for track, Mitchell hopes to land a state berth at regionals Friday in Tonganoxie. Mitchell primarily is a jumper for the Chieftains this spring.
More like this story
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Kansas judge allows suit over citizenship rule to continue
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Mike Vestal
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Curtis Oroke