Nitzsche selects KCKCC for sports
Emily Nitzsche won't be just a one-sport athlete at Kansas City Kansas Community College.
The McLouth High senior signed a national letter of intent recently to play volleyball and softball at KCKCC.
Johnson County offered Nitzsche a softball scholarship, but she opted to become a Blue Devil.
"I liked the coach a lot better and I liked the school atmosphere," Nitzsche said. "That was the main thing, too, that I could do both sports."
Nitzsche earned all-Delaware Valley League and all-league honors in volleyball. She also was named to the all-tournament team at the Valley Falls Tournament.
This week, Nitzsche is playing in her final regional tournament at MHS. The Bulldogs are hoping for a state berth at this year's regional at Pleasant Ridge.
When Nitzsche finishes her collegiate days at KCK, she said she likely will be finished with volleyball.
She plans to pursue a nursing degree at Washburn when she completes her degree at KCK.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area
- Firefighters climb stairs in Wichita to honor 9/11 crews
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Leavenworth, Douglas county officials battle grass fires; Tonganoxie chief offers prevention tips