Norris makes run for Pitt State
Former Tonganoxie High runner Kyle Norris will be running at the NCAA Division II level next season.
Norris recently signed with Pittsburg State to run cross country and track.
Norris, a mid-distance runner, is in his second season at Butler County Community College where he helped the Grizzlies to a national title. Norris was a member of the BCCC distance medley team that won at the NJCAA Indoor Championships earlier this year. Norris ran the 1,200 meter leg for the team. The sophomore also was a national qualifier in cross country for the Grizzlies.
"Kyle is a junior college athlete that brings collegiate experience to our program, which really helps," PSU coach Russ Jewett said. "He will be in our top seven in cross country and I think he will be a conference scorer in the mid-distances.
"With a shot in the arm Kyle is a potential champion in the mid-distances."
The recruiting class includes six women and three men. Norris was the lone junior college transfer to sign with the Gorillas this year.
More like this story
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Sesquicentennial gets high marks as community celebrates 150 years of Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie earmarks $31,500 for sesquicentennial celebration
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools