Obituary: Frances Eugene Frevele
Services for Francis Eugene "Gene" Frevele, 72, Pittsburg, Kan., were Friday, May 20, 2005, at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in Pittsburg with the Rev. Thomas Stroot officiating.
Mr. Frevele died last Wednesday, May 18, 2005, at Freeman West health System, Joplin, Mo. He was born Oct. 7, 1932, in Parsons, the son of Elmer Eugene and Philomena Theresa (Knedgen) Frevele.
He was a lifelong resident of southeast Kansas and worked as a farmer, truck driver and machinist at McNally in Pittsburg. He also painted water towers and worked as a construction supervisor before being injured in 1978 in a construction accident in Texas.
Mr. Frevele was a member of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in Pittsburg, Modern Woodman and the Eagles Lodge.
On June 3, 1952, Mr. Frevele married Beatrice Paula Bonine in Parsons. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a daughter, Deborah L. Epperly, Pittsburg; two sons, Gene Paul Frevele and Donald Lee Frevele, both of Pittsburg; a foster son, Larry john Hardman, Arma; a brother, Earl Joseph Frevele, Tonganoxie; five grandchildren; six foster grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and 10 foster great-grandchildren.
Five foster sons and a grandson preceded him in death.
Bath-Naylor Funeral home, 522 S. Broadway, Pittsburg, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie's curbside recycling growing
- Soles for souls: Tonganoxie church collects shoes to raise money for religious studies
- Kansas Senate bill seeks municipalities’ traffic ticket revenues
- Leavenworth, Douglas county officials battle grass fires; Tonganoxie chief offers prevention tips
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business