Chieftains, Wildcats to clash at 7 p.m. Saturday
McLouth, Silver Lake will play at same time in Silver Lake
After playing an afternoon game last year at Topeka-Hayden in the second round of the playoffs, the two teams will meet at 7 p.m. Saturday in Tonganoxie. School officials announced the kickoff time on Wednesday.
McLouth also will play at 7 p.m. Saturday, but will be on the road. The Bulldogs will travel to Silver Lake to take on the Eagles.
Hayden (10-0) advanced to regional play after defeating Atchison, 46-20, Tuesday in Topeka. Tonganoxie improved to 9-1 after defeating Bishop Ward 18-14 thanks to 18 fourth-quarter Tonganoxie points.
McLouth won a playoff game for the first time in 25 years with Tuesday's bi-district win against Sabetha. MHS won that game, 30-7, while Silver Lake advanced after a 45-20 victory Tuesday against Northern Heights. Both McLouth and Silver Lake are 10-0 entering the game.
More like this story
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- State lifts avian flu restrictions in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance