Walker on Missouri Western team that upset No. 5 Washburn football
Missouri Western upset No. 5 Washburn on Saturday in St. Joseph, Mo.
Former Tonganoxie High quarterback Justin Walker is a member of the Missouri Western football team. Walker, who graduated from THS in 2004, is a redshirt freshman with the Griffons. He was a senior on the 2003 THS football team that went 8-2.
Missouri Western won the game, 28-21 in overtime and ended the regular season at 8-3.
Washburn headed back to Topeka with a 9-2 record. The Ichabods later learned they would be playing in their first NCAA Division II football postseason when playoff teams were picked Sunday.
Although Missouri Western did not qualify for the playoffs, the Griffons did accept an invitation to play in the Mineral Water Bowl on Dec. 3 at Tiger Stadium in Excelsior Springs, Mo.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises