Obituary: John Edward Dwyer
Services for John Edward Dwyer, 85, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 17, 2005, at the United Methodist Church in Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Dwyer died Sunday, Nov. 13, 2005, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Lawrence. He was born Dec. 12, 1919, in Leavenworth, the son of James and Mary W. (Kruse) Dwyer.
He was a 1938 graduate of Tonganoxie High School, and a veteran of World War II who served in the U.S. Navy.
In 1950, he married Mona C. Wallace, who died in 1997. He was a member of the United Methodist Church, Tongan-oxie, and was a farmer.
Survivors include three daughters, Gloria Reischman, Tonganoxie, Teresa Reetz, Eudora, and Barbra Kirkegaard, Shawnee; and four grandchildren.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today, Nov. 16, 2005, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Fourth and Delaware streets, Tonganoxie. The family suggests memorial contributions to the Tonganoxie VFW Post 9271 or to the United Methodist Church, Tongan-oxie, sent in care of the funeral home.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it