Tonganoxie Junior High football teams finish year
The Tonganoxie Junior High seventh-grade football team ended its season with a 2-5 record. The Warriors scored against Basehor-Linwood in the final minutes in a 6-0 victory.
The next game, the offense came alive, beating Perry, 36-6.
"The boys made good progress during the season," coach John Korb said. "The players made up for their lack of size with their hustle and determination."
The players gradually got over the intimidation factor against larger teams, said Korb, who worked with Mike McClellan to coach the team.
"The boys would see how big the other team was and seemed to get psyched out the first quarter and a half. After that, they seemed to settle down and hold their own in our losses."
TJHS eighth-grade football wraps up fall season
The eighth-grade team also had two victories on the season with a 2-6 record. The Warriors had 33 players out for this year's squad.
This fall, the Warriors were coached by Jeremy Goebel and Mike Sample.
Look in the Nov. 23 edition of The Mirror for rosters from this year's seventh-grade and eighth-grade football teams.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police calls, March 25-April 9, 2015
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle