District seeking applicants for board
Rick Lamb’s seat still vacant
Tonganoxie's growth has caused a hitch in finding a school board member to replace the Rev. Rick Lamb, who left the board in May.
Michelle McGhee, who lives in Tonganoxie, applied to fill the seat Lamb vacated when he moved to Texas. And the board was to meet in a special session Monday to interview McGhee. But then Tonganoxie school Superintendent Richard Erickson said board members and administrators discovered that even though McGhee lives in the city of Tonganoxie, that she lives outside the district Lamb represented.
"She lives in the city limits, but the city limits have been extended since 1992 when the board districts were drawn," Erickson said.
Meanwhile, the board will continue to accept applications from interested candidates. For specific information about what area of Tonganoxie is represented by the open board position, call the district office, (913) 845-2153.
The next school board meeting will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 12 at the district office.
More like this story
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Bishop Finn Resigns
- Cemetery stroll next month at Holy Angels with First City PAST group
- Feds charge Kansas priest with bank fraud over parish thefts
- Soles for souls: Tonganoxie church collects shoes to raise money for religious studies
- Tonganoxie church collecting shoes