Obituary: Lenora D. Quackenbush
Graveside services for Lenora D. Quackenbush, 84, Leavenworth, were Monday, Nov. 28, 2005, at Leavenworth National Cemetery, with the Rev. Craig Scheidecker officiating.
Mrs. Quackenbush died Thursday, Nov. 24, 2005, at Colonial Manor Nursing Home, Lansing. She was born Dec. 10, 1920, in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of Emmett D.C. and Henrietta L. (Banzhaf) Johnson.
She married Edward C. Quackenbush in 1943. He died in 1989.
Mrs. Quackenbush graduated from Wyandotte High School in 1938. In addition to running the household, for decades she worked with her husband in their insurance and tax businesses in Wyandotte and Leavenworth counties. Before her marriage, she was a railroad clerk. She lived on her High Prairie Township farm in rural Leavenworth County from 1969 until fewer than two months ago.
Survivors include a son, Edward C. Quackenbush Jr., Olathe; two daughters, Patricia K. Flanagan, Leavenworth, and Pamela S. Catone, rural Leavenworth County; and six grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Leavenworth Hospice, sent in care of Belden Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth.
More like this story
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs
- Archaeologists from across US searching for Kansas artifacts
- U.S. Justice Department awards $950,000 to 2 Kansas tribes
- Quapaw tribe seeks dismissal of lawsuit over casino plans
- Tonganoxie Boy Scout provides lending library to downtown pocket park