Local man killed in apparent home accident
A 67-year-old Tonganoxie man was killed Tuesday afternoon in an apparent accidental fire in his home shop.
Police said that Cecil Williams, 923 Pleasant, died in the accident, which occurred about 4:30 p.m.
"We don't know whether the lawnmower caught on fire and he tried to put it out. We don't know," said police Chief Kenny Carpenter.
The state fire marshal's office was called to investigate.
The accident apparently occurred in a shed behind Williams' home.
"The shed didn't burn," Carpenter said.
However, some materials inside the small building did catch on fire, he said.
Williams and his wife lived at the home for about a year.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers