McLouth High School names student of the month
McLouth High School has initiated a Student of the Month award for the 2005-2006 school year.
The award, sponsored by the McLouth Kiwanis, is designed to honor students who have exhibited outstanding citizenship and scholarship.
The honoree receives a plaque and will be eligible for college scholarships that the Kiwanis awards at the end of the school year.
The first Student of the Month is Kevin Stewart, who is the son of Chris and Stacy Stewart.
Kevin is tied for the top spot in his class academically with a 4.024 grade-point average. He is an active member of the National Honor Society and Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
Kevin scored at the exemplary level on the Kansas state assessments for both reading and math. He also is an exceptional athlete.
He was an all-league selection in football and basketball as a junior and has lettered every year of high school in football, basketball and baseball.
Kevin plans to attend college, but hasn't decided where.
More like this story
- Desert Storm veterans to be honored Friday at Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade
- Tonganoxie residents gear up for fireworks; area communities offering displays
- This year's Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade to salute Vitenam veterans
- Cowboy event moseying in this weekend into Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station