Obituary: E. Geneva German
Graveside services for E. Geneva German, 88, Baldwin, were Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2005, at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. German died Sunday, Oct. 9, 2005, at the Baldwin City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. She was born July 8, 1917, in Neck City, Mo., the daughter of Walter F. Dodson and Mattie Sanders.
She also lived for 30 years in Piper, for four years in Bethany, Mo., and for 31 years in Tonganoxie.
She was a homemaker who helped her husband and son with the family business, a Skelly service station in Kansas City, Kan., and a Western Auto store in Bethany, Mo.
She then retired and moved to Tonganoxie.
She married John A. German on Sept. 3, 1935. He died May 11, 1999.
Survivors include a son, John Larry German, Tonganoxie; a daughter, Linda Sue Box, Baldwin; two grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.
The family suggests memorial contributions to First Southern Baptist Church's playground equipment fund, 4300 W. Sixth St, Lawrence 66046, or to the Alzheimer's Association, Heartland Chapter, 3846 W. 75th St., Prairie Village 66208.
Porter Funeral Home and Crematory, Kansas City, Kan., handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Love for longtime veteran
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions
- Remember When: A Community Review for Dec. 14, 2016
- Tonganoxie, McLouth teams prepare for regional, substate assignments
- Bonner boutique combines shopping with day at the salon