Obituary: Lucas Allen Frantz
Memorial services for Spc. Lucas Allen Frantz, 22, Tonganoxie, will be at noon Thursday, Oct. 27, 2005, at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Park in Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Maple Grove Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mr. Frantz died Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2005, in Mosul, Iraq, while supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. A story about Mr. Frantz appears on page 1A of today's edition of The Mirror.
He was born Oct. 18, 1983, in Topeka.
He graduated in 2002 from Tonganoxie High School. He was a U.S. Army vehicle commander assigned to the First Battalion, 17th Infantry Regiment, 172nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team. Before being deployed to Iraq, he was based at Fort Wainwright, Alaska.
He was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 9271 in Tonganoxie.
He married Kelly Lee Qualls on July 16, 2003, in Leavenworth. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include his parents, Tim and Lorrie VanDruff, Rossville; a brother, Matt, Rossville; a sister, Staci VanDruff, Rossville; his grandparents, Karen Hildebrandt, Rossville, and Larry and Helen VanDruff, Tonganoxie.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Lucas Frantz Fund for a memorial to honor him.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie church takes another step toward new building
- KU's lavish shrine to Naismith's 'Rules of Basket Ball' takes shape
- Kansas City Chiefs exec to give leadership lecture at KU
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life