School district to appeal bullying lawsuit
Appeal would be lodged with U.S. Court of Appeals in Denver
The Tonganoxie school district has filed notice that it plans to appeal a sexual harassment lawsuit filed by a former student.
On Aug. 11, a federal jury awarded $250,000 to former student Dylan Theno, who had filed the lawsuit claiming he had been harassed by other students for years and, therefore, denied an education.
Earlier this month, U.S. District Judge John Lungstrum rejected the school district's motion to overturn the jury's verdict.
For more on the district's decision to appeal the case to the U.S. Court of Appeals in Denver, see the Nov. 2 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Hats off to you, Tonganoxie and McLouth graduates
- Tonganoxie bids farewell to Class of 2016 with Saturday graduation
- Tonganoxie Grandparents Day festivities draw huge crowds again
- New Tonganoxie Elementary School creates 'excitement and pride'
- Armed teenager running toward school shot by police officer