Obituary: Courtney Duncanson
A graveside memorial service and inurnment for Courtney Duncanson, 89, Pomona, were Monday, Sept. 26, 2005, at Hubbel Hill Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mr. Duncanson died Thursday, Sept. 22, 2005, at his home. He was born July 4, 1916, in Tonganoxie, the son of Mortimer and Grace (Courtney) Duncanson.
He worked as a plumber. He lived in California and Washington State most of his life. He was preceded in death by his wife, Ruth.
Survivors include two brothers, Ted Duncanson, Tonganoxie, and Fred Duncanson, Fairbanks, Alaska, and three sisters, Martha Leimkuhler, Tonganoxie, Mary Dustin, Andover, Mass., and Millie Cook, Ottawa, Kan.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Ottawa First United Methodist Church, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Love for longtime veteran
- Motorcyclist sent to area hospital following crash involving Tonganoxie High volleyball team bus
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie Planning Commission member Steve Gumm
- Tonganoxie community shows support for family of fallen soldier