Obituary: Ruth Dale Garrison
Private services and burial are planned in Pawnee City, Neb., for Ruth Dale (Slemons) Garrison, 97, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Garrison died Sept. 19, 2005, in Tonganoxie. She was born Dec. 5, 1907, in Phelps City, Mo., the daughter of Frank and Myrtle Slemons. The family moved to Pawnee City, Neb., in 1910. She obtained her schooling in Pawnee City.
Mrs. Garrison taught school for one year before moving to Kansas City, Mo.
She was employed by Katz Drug Store for a time, then represented a candy company. She was employed as a freight rate specialist for the U.S. government from 1941 until she retired in 1973.
Mrs. Garrison was preceded in death by her husband. Survivors include two brothers, June Slemons, Greeley, Colo., and Robert Slemons, Grand Island, Neb.
D.W. Newcomer's Sons Chapel, Overland Park, is handling arrangements.
More like this story
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Donation account created for toddler injured in lawnmower accident
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits