Accident victim still in hospital
Shadoe Barton remains in the intensive care unit at the University of Kansas Hospital, but her health has greatly improved in the last week, her mother, Twen Barton, said in an e-mail sent Sunday to The Mirror.
Shadoe, a 2005 Tonganoxie High School graduate, was injured Feb. 23 in a vehicle accident on U.S. Highway 24-40 near 243rd Street. She was flown from the accident scene by air ambulance and has been in intensive care since.
Twen said that, thanks to prayers from the community and the work of Barton's physicians, she has shown signs of improvement.
"Together, they have saved Shadoe's life and are enabling recovery," Twen said.
She said her family appreciates the community's prayers and support.
A freshman at Kansas University, Shadoe was trying to pass a dump truck when she lost control of her car and it came to rest upside down in a ravine, reports said.
More like this story
- Judge to consider blocking Kansas ban on abortion method
- Kansas abortion foes seek change in law to help with lawsuit
- Judge blocks Kansas' ban on 2nd-trimester abortion procedure
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- Analysis: Kansas abortion ruling could have sweeping effects