Obituary: William Eugene Hicks
Graveside services for William Eugene Hicks, 80, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, April 1, 2006, at Memorial Park Cemetery, Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Hicks died March 26, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Lawrence. He was born Aug. 21, 1925, at Fort Leavenworth, the son of Harry and Florence (Leighty Ropp) Hicks.
He worked as an electrician for the state of Kansas at the Kansas University, Lawrence. He was a member of the Eagles Club, Lawrence. His wife, Helen Johnson-Stoll Hicks, preceded him in death in 2000.
Survivors include a son, Harry Hicks, Independence, Mo.; three stepsons, David Stoll and Steve Stoll, both of Topeka, and Dan Stoll, Lawrence; three daughters, Suzan Henry, Carterville, Mo., and Diane Hicks and Roxanne Hicks, both of Napa, Calif.; a stepdaughter, Debby Smoots, McLouth; a brother, Robert Hicks, Lake Station, Ind.; 20 grandchildren; and 31 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Heart or Diabetes Foundation, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
For online condolences, visit www.quisenberrryfh.com.
More like this story
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers