Obituary: Willis A. Hammerschmid
Graveside funeral services for Willis A. Hammerschmid, 90, Price, Utah, formerly of Tonganoxie, were held March 15, 2006, at Cleveland Cemetery in Cleveland, Utah.
Mr. Hammerschmid was born Sept. 18, 1915, in Tonganoxie, the son of William and Kathryn Pellman Hammerschmid. He joined the Marine Corps and later married Wilma Mills on Feb. 18, 1944.
He worked at the Gilsonite Mine and farmed in the Uintah Basin in Utah.
He later moved to Price, Utah, where he managed a ranch and worked at U.S. Steel. He retired at age 70.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Charles and Carl; four sisters, Jerry Harmston, Jackie Ingram, Leona Nesi and Carol Hammerschmid; and five grandchildren.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas